Sunday, January 24, 2010

St Mary's Sanctuary


St Mary's Sanctuary, originally uploaded by Evan Gearing.
Today, Van Sutherland and I took a little photowalk to the Omni Hotel and the Texas State Capitol Building here in Austin, TX. While traversing between the two places, we stopped by St Mary's Church to see if we could get a couple of shots inside of it. Well, at that time there was a service going on. So we trudged on to the Capitol from there. Well, later in the day at the capitol, we went our separate ways, but on the way back to my car, I decided to try St Mary's one more time. The main door was locked, but a side door was open and I snuck in. When I began to take my brackets, there was no one in the sanctuary. In the middle of my brackets a gentleman came in and sat in the pews and he didn't mind my shooting, so I kept on. However, I beat a hasty retreat as I didn't want to upset anyone or maybe get caught by security. So, here's what I was able to get from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo