Thursday, January 7, 2010

Church Entrance


Church Entrance, originally uploaded by Evan Gearing.
Well I finally got out and did a little shooting in the new year. I took a brief respite during my lunch break from my real job and went into town for this particular one.

I was inspired to take this shot by a couple of people.. Van Sutherland and Russ Barnes. Van for the church itself since we were talking about a shot of his the other day, and Russ due to his great black and whites. I don't think this measures up to any of theirs, but here's what I was able to come up with.

Anyway, this is a shot of the front the Grace Heritage Center on Main Street in Georgetown, Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recognition, Evan! This is a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. That shot of the New Sweden church of yours inspired me for this. I just happened to be in downtown Georgetown and I saw that church and thought, "What the heck." Turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo