Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hardtails


Hardtails, originally uploaded by EvanGearing.

Here in Georgetown, TX, we have a new bar/restaurant that just opened called "Hardtails". It's built and owned by the same people who run "Hog Alley" which is a Harley Davidson parts and service center, but not affiliated with Harley. The restaurant is a nice place and they have this HUGE ceiling fan that I heard about and that you can see in the picture. It looks like some sort of giant aircraft propeller. I suppose most ceiling fans do, but this one just has that look like it belongs on a C-130 or something similar. At least I thought it was cool.

It was kind of hard to get this shot because the manager was a little scared that the competition would come in and take shots of his restaurant, so they were kind of leery letting me setup my tripod for some HDRs. They let me take a couple of quick handhelds and this is what I ended up with. It's a single raw that I tried to give the old HDR treatment to. It could've been better I suppose had I been able to do the whole tripod thing, but I wasn't gonna argue too much. Maybe someday I'll be able to go back and they'll be a little more accepting of the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo