Sunday, November 22, 2009

Austin at Dusk


Austin at Dusk, originally uploaded by EvanGearing.
Last Thursday I had the pleasure of going on a mini photowalk with my co-worker and fellow HDR enthusiast Van Sutherland and we took a trip out to Louis Neff Point in Zilker Park. It's on the Colorado River in Austin, TX. We got some great dusk shots of downtown Austin. We also went over to the Pedestrian Bridge on the "Hike and Bike Trail" - which winds it's way around Lady Bird Lake (aka the Colorado River).

This shot was taken just as the sun was almost down, but left a little bit of light to catch some of the foliage on the side of the water, yet I could still get the lights of the buildings. It's almost a surreal shot and I'm not sure if it's too much, not enough, or just right, but it's growing on me. It almost looks like a painting or something. I mostly use Nik Color Efex's Pro Contrast and Tonal Contrast settings on this one to get this look. Since it is an HDR, I also used Photomatix.  I used Photoshop CS4 for other post-processing.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Evan, as I said on Flickr, this shot totally rocks. You owned it! Great work and the color is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've become a recent fan of HDR and started to experiment myself, your night shot here is awesome with exceptional clarity, as well as strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nice feedback Jim and Curly. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo